View Single Post
Old 01-18-22, 06:44 PM   #1502
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Its believable. Warnings have been published in German media already in early autumn. Mid-Decembre the reserves where lower than 60%, and the heating season already was started with the lowesr reserves since - well, since "always".

In Germany, oil reseves are politically regulated, minimums must be kept by providers. With gas, that is different, there are no regulations, and reseves are calculated by market mechanisms exclusively. Over 40 gas and electricity providers have gone bancrupt meanwhile, and cancelled supply contracts with households. In some regions, costs for such customers went up not by 100 but several 100%.

A first taste of things to come. Russia is the one reason.The other reason is the EU's fantastic green deal policies.

Well, the problems are home-made. Enjoy. There is a reason why I invested last year into an emergency solar panel generator, petroleum ovens and petroleum reserves. We are still on oil in our house, but if the brown stuff hits the fan I do not take it for granted that oil for filling up the house tank will not be rationed by the state.

The whole gas issue degenerates into a mess much, much faster than I expected to be possible just half a year ago. My mistakle was that I mistook today'S Russia for too long with the Sovjet Union of the past. The USSR stuck to its contracts for delievring stuff throzgout the cold war. I underesutmated that this was about to chnage quickly - becasue Putin is not Breschnev and Russia is not the USSR. The USSR also was more dependent on good will from Western economc importers to the USSR. Russia is that dependent far less.

Lesson learnt, bad mistake by me. This time the Americans were fully right with their scepticism over NS2 and Russian gas in general.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-18-22 at 06:53 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote