View Single Post
Old 05-13-08, 12:36 AM   #160
Zen Master Caine
Bosun

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddley3
Well I have completed my task of modifying the wakes of every ship in the Sea folder. I was very happy in how easy S3D is to use, and how much faster it is to work on your project. Also the wakes look beautiful.

With that said, I have a problem. My question is, does modifying the wakes have an adverse effect on framerates ? I normally run TC at 2048x, and I normally get about 5 or 6 fps while out in open sea with no ships around. Since I did this modification, I am onlky getting 4 fps at 512x, and even worse, 2fps at 1024. It took me 45 minutes to sail grid BF17 south to north(it normally takes me about 5 minutes).

I just don't understand how this would effect fps in open sea away from any ships. And this is the only thing I've done besides adding Anzacmick's Das Boot Immersion mod to my installation.

So does it sound like my rig can't handle Longer Wakes ? I'd hate to have to go through and redo every ship, it took me 4 hrs modify the entire Sea folder.

Thanks,
Tudd's
Yes, I believe it has a big effect on frame rates. Maybe your rig is a little slow. The longer wakes look nice, but they have their length limits without causing other problems. For me, it just wasn't worth the headache. But maybe you will fare better. Good luck!
Zen Master Caine is offline   Reply With Quote