Thread: [REL] Playable Russian Subs
View Single Post
Old 06-18-17, 11:42 AM   #53
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I just want to say thanks for this sweet mod.

This game is gonna be YOUGE!! Simply tremendous!
You're welcome

Quote:
Hi,
Does this mod make any sonar or sensor tweaks from vanilla?
Yes, it adds the two new sensors for the 688i, the next gen sonar and towed arrays.

Quote:
Short bug report, although I am not sure if its related to your mod but I never had it happen before. First thanks a lot for the mod it's great that we can play all subs now.

I noticed that the mod added Sea Lance missiles to the US ships. I played the 4th mission Iron Coffins with a Narwhal. The enemy Oscar and Alfa were at 900 ft. I launched torpedos at them, when I switched through the torpedos with F3 I saw that one of them somehow launched a SS-N-16 at me from 900 ft below the ocean surface (I had 95% target solution on both). I checked the Duct afterwards, no sub there.

After I killed both and left combat there were no other ships in the mission. I'm not sure if it is related to your mod but I never had that happen to me before. Somehow enemy subs could launch a SS-N-16 (at least I assume that's what it was, looked the same as my sea lance) from below 150ft. I myself couldnt launch one from below 150ft
Someone else reported this to me on Discord. I haven't seen it replicated yet, but I will say that the launch depth on the SS-N-16 is actually 200ft in the vanilla coding. However, I'm starting to wonder if the AI follow such restrictions on the higher difficulty levels.

I can say that my mod doesn't touch the SS-N-16 coding, it's exactly as it is in the vanilla game. And I made SURE the Russian subs couldn't use the Sea Lance.

If they're launching them from below 200ft, that's something in the vanilla game, I can't fix it unfortunately.

New Playable Subs & More - A Mod For Cold Waters

https://github.com/CaptainX3/CW-Playable-Subs

"We'll settle this the old Navy way... the first guy to die loses!"
CaptainX3 is offline   Reply With Quote