View Single Post
Old 02-01-19, 03:22 AM   #241
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Okay, here I have to step outside of the argument and put my Moderator shoes on, which I suppose disqualifies me from any further discussion on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetalADCAP View Post
Helen...Keller
I suggest you read the forum rules regarding language.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/faq...._item_language
I know it says "asterisks", but the idea is to keep the forum clean, and that includes all the shortcuts.

Back to me:

Quote:
See, this is a playfully mild sexist joke Steven!
Quote:
I don't hate old people Steven,
Quote:
Good freaking Lord Steven!
Quote:
I am not a turnip Steven.
Quote:
I understand MANY things Steven!
If I wanted to use my full name I would have made it that way. I can only assume that repeating it five times is meant to be demeaning. This is interesting coming from someone who hasn't even given us his real name. It's possible to have a discussion without the need for insults.

Quote:
Wow, you're that old? Well, that explains a LOT!
Such as?

Quote:
But the joke was invented by a very old person who wasn't afraid to joke on old people or himself for being old.
And I joke about myself all the time. Coming from someone talking about his own foibles is funny. You commenting on what you imagine mine to be is definitely insulting.

Quote:
I don't hate old people Steven, I just like to tease the living hell out of them.
You tease your friends. Teasing total strangers in the middle of a discussion is, again, rude and insulting.

Quote:
And, as far as not ever hearing a woman joke about male drivers, I find that hard to believe.
But true nonetheless.

Quote:
But looking at your 'posts count' on here I have to question whether you hang out with anybody offline? 50k+? Good freaking Lord Steven! You ARE the Internet.
I've been a member here for sixteen years. It's one of the very few places I do post. I try to stay active in the gaming part of the forum (which is what SubSim is supposed to be here for), but I post in a lot of sections on a lot of subjects.

Quote:
I am not a turnip Steven. I know what you meant and responded accordingly to what you were saying.
You said I excused discrimination based on a tiny minority. It doesn't look like you did know what I meant.

Quote:
I understand MANY things Steven! Here, I think you're reading too much into this and looking to find trouble where no trouble exists. I would however like to see it become more of a picture/video thread showing women who've wrecked vehicles, women struggling to park, or women doing stupid things while driving instead of so much discussion about the stupid things women do when they drive, but personal stories are always a fun read at times also.
So you'd like to see more misogyny rather than less? Why no men?