View Single Post
Old 05-24-19, 08:26 PM   #1
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4
Default Type VII periscopes - field of view

Hi,

From the information I was able to gather, the observation periscope in type VII u-boats were harder to detect compared to attack periscopes and they had a better angle elevation capability also. But what about the field of view? Was it smaller or larger?
When I look at the different scope mods for SH5 it seems to me that there is more fantasy from the modders involved rather than accurate scope representation. Sure, a computer screen cannot truly reflect what you would see in real life ...
So, to my taste, the Manos scope has the most ugly observation scope I have ever seen, I can't imagine that the real thing would cut the view like that above and below (or is this a scale error, and the Manos scope was not designed for 16:9?), then the 'Large Optics for TDW scopes' seem to me very high-tech, they rather act like an external camera instead of a scope

Between these 2 extremes, there is a scope I like, it's not so 'tech' but should come close to the real thing: the 'emtguf_rework_scopes' which is an optional part of the TDW NewUIs 7_5_0 that I would like to use in my modlist for a smaller field of view, but again: which of the 2 installed scopes in the sub had a smaller field of view, or wasn't there any difference?

Thanks,
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-24-19 at 08:41 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote