View Single Post
Old 12-03-14, 10:46 PM   #2
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitednate View Post
SH3 GWX veteran here........just got SH4 with the Uboat missions and am starting out with the vanilla version a bit before doing any supermods.
When I started with SH4, I had exactly the same idea. However, my testing of the stock game convinced me very quickly to look for some mods.

Quote:
Do the merchants evade torpedos now? Cause they really didn't that much in SH3 if at all.
Yes, if they spot them they try to evade. Surprised that didn't happen in SH3.
Quote:
Line up some targets at really close range and the merchants start evading like destroyers and a cruiser I shot at from really close range accelerated like a speedboat when I shot at it at night. All shots missed. Is this realistic?
No, it isn't realistic in the least. I just finished work on a version of Improved Ship Physics, that addresses issues like this.

Quote:
Any answers or advice?
Yes, try this mod loadout, with JSGME:

RFB_2.0 (Real Fleet Boat)
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
RSRDC_RFB_V575 (Run Silent Run Deep Campaign)
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Improved Ship Physics 2.15

This provides many improvements with only five mods. RFB (Real Fleet Boat) aims to achieve the most realistic gameplay and changes many elements. RSRDC (Run Silent Run Deep Campaign) changes shipping traffic and missions to historical volume/pattern. Stock has excessive traffic and isn't well configured.

ISP makes the diving, turning, acceleration, battery performance, and sea-keeping of your boat more realistic.

Note that you must have v1.5 of Silent Hunter 4 to run these mods (as most others).

Also, when you install and enable these mods (using JSGME), you should start a new career.

Good luck!

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote