View Single Post
Old 10-22-23, 09:09 AM   #1
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

Default Recognition Manual Overhaul - FotRSU-NM-NK Edition

Good Morning!

Just a small introduction to something I'm working on for the next edition of the Targeting Assistant, though I'll probably release as "stand-alone" in the end due to the complexity I'm seeing so far.

I'm updating the Recognition Manual (as best I can) to include length and aspect ratio information to help in targeting.

I was inspired by a post I read which was written a while back by one of our members where the author said the only way to add length was in the name of the ship. As a result, I've come up with this:

The line says: Zinbu Type Freighter (AK) Length: 400 ft. Asp. Ratio: 4.24

So far it's going well for the "included" ships. I'll explain that later.

I've finished the default SH4 listing so far, and I'm currently working down the list with the FotRSU ships since they are the next in line in the "Names.cfg" file.

I'll keep going down until finished with the Nippon Maru and the Nihon Kaigun towards the bottom.

I've also added a fake "country" to the "Roster" and "Sea" folders as well as the "DefSide.cfg" file to create an entry that will explain the USN hull classifications for those that are not familiar with them (like me when I started this thing).

Nice thing about this way of adding the info is that it pops up on the nav and torpedo/weapons map when you have the ship selected or locked. It's almost like your weapons officer is writing down the info for you on the map.

Sorry for the small size, but I'm trying to keep the file size down below the mins posted in the forum etiquette listing. I can post slightly bigger ones if you would like, but I thought 1024-wide jpeg files would suffice.

No time table for this, but I'm willing to share what I've learned with anyone who wants it.

Regards,

ElCid97

Last edited by ElCid97; 01-06-24 at 02:17 PM.
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote