View Single Post
Old 04-10-19, 09:29 AM   #642
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Hi everyone,

Firstly, sorry for not updating you about the status and future of Sub Commander sooner.

Unfortunately, continuing to develop the game in its current state has become almost impossible. Partly due to real life commitments taking up most of my time, partly because the game is written in a very old language with increasingly little support on modern systems, and partly because the code base is a real mess. I was not an experienced coder when I started work on Sub Commander and didn't understand the importance of writing 'good' code - at this point, it's basically unmaintainable.

I want to thank everyone who has played Sub Commander over the years, and especially everyone who has contributed to the game - whether by creating your own content, posting feedback and advice, or just by telling others about the game. I have really enjoyed hearing your experiences with the game.

Sub Commander in its current form is very unlikely to see any further updates, but this is not the end. I plan to rebuild the game using a more modern platform in future - hopefully bigger and better than ever. When there is more news on this front, the Subsim forums will certainly be first to hear about it.

Geoff
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote