View Single Post
Old 07-16-16, 11:52 AM   #6
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by noguaranteeofsanity View Post
Just copying a program's folder from your old computer to the new one probably won't work because there are often files installed elsewhere on the system.

Does the game run without installing the updates? If it doesn't then it sounds like the game might not have installed correctly originally from the disc which might be the source of the problem and causing the updates to fail, so uninstalling and reinstalling might help. There is also a guide to installing the prerequisites like .NET 4.5 manually you can find here.

Otherwise if it does work, instead of using the 'check for updates' button on the splash screen which has never been very reliable for Matrix games and is best to avoid using it, try downloading the update with your browser from here. Once you download it, unzip it and then just run the installer.

If none of those suggestion work for you I would suggest heading over the command forums on the matrix website as they have a dedicated tech support section where the devs will be able to help you that you can find here.
NET 4.5 was already installed on my new computer
I clicked on your link but was met by a "page can't be shown"

I have no problem downloading the update, well that is up to 100 % and then I get this error "Something about couldn't get information from the downloading server.( I can see alle these blue dots fill all the (don't know what the technical name this little white rectangular square is called) and I can see the existing time is down to zero, but then after a while this error pop-up.

After installing the original I can play, only the stand-alone-scenarios.

Yes you are correct. After installing everything, and I mean everything from my older computer, I couldn't play.

As mentioned in my first post-Either I have to wait for my cousin to arrive some day, so he can help me or I have to put the game away and only play as it is.

In the back of my head I can't let go of "Its your(mine) McAffee's firewall that cause these problems.

Why I think so ? It's not only Command Update I have problems with even other Updates are giving me a headache

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote