View Single Post
Old 12-31-14, 06:04 AM   #3
Captain Vlad
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunburn View Post
1) If you perform a manual weapon allocation (Shift+F1), the crew will tell you exactly which weapons are droppable at that very moment and which are not, and the reason for the latter.
This part I knew. Which I say only to vent my irritation at the F-35's stealth and Meteor's giving me the 'can't target without precise whatever' message. Damned Norwegians.

Quote:
2) From the description it sounds like you may are attempting to drop the bombs out of their altitude release envelope (too high or more likely too low), and thus probably micromanaging the attack. A good idea on bomb runs is to step back and allow the AI crew to finetune the attack (ie. cancel any manual throttle/altitude overrides). The AI knows the release sweet spot for each weapon (envelope restrictions are listed in the DB viewer) and will position the aircraft accordingly.
Yeah, I ran them in below the release envelope, it looks like. I didn't think to check the individual weapons in the database and while I changed to auto-attacks on the second attempt, I didn't think to cancel the altitude orders I'd already given.

I'll give 'er another try tonight. The basic plan I came up with for the scenario seemed to work pretty well...I do like to micromanage my air strikes, but I'll try and trust the AI a little more next time.

Thanks, Sunburn.