View Single Post
Old 02-23-09, 02:24 PM   #260
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Default yo rasta

Thanks, racerboy, for answering on the thread and for spreading the word :rotfl:
Cheers, mate!
I am no longer in position to surf so much but I am trying Ringo
And seeing rb cruising here makes me feel proud

rascal, that really looks funny.. post it in humoristic pics thread, mate Kidding...
I don't know manos enviroment? please listen to the advices posted here..

If you use original racerboys mod with gwx, you will not hear sounds like rb said, and you face a ctd(possibly) when aeroplanes hit french ports in the later part of the war..
Everything that racerboy did (and other people mentioned) with explosions, bodies, blood, debris, everything is in, I just ported it to gwx, and corrected disappearing smokes.. Disappearing smokes is happening to the gwx and enhanced damage effects. Regading that, rb is right, there are new parts of zones.cfg file that are not in enhanced damage effecs file, but noone mentions that, so?? Nevermind that, if you read my readme you will know I admire gwx smokes, they look like in other 3d games..
And I made a lite version where I cut down textures and made cuts to the number of particle generators that occur during combat(?). And some other little tweaks, everything else is original.
But racerboy is right, I don't know everything because making mods for sh3 take as much time as working.. You make a little tweak, just to see it working you have to spend 20 min to test it, which is exhausting. How is rb doing it? Although, rascals idea about diverse effects is something I thought of, racerboy is "guilty" for not doing that, because he said somewhere "messing the particles.dat"..:rotfl: And making little changes to zones.cfg could make wonders, although I miss some tools and info to step in that heavily there.. It looks great(I hope also with my changes) right now, it doesn't cause a bug(at least rascal? at least I am waiting for some report) the game is stable (on my pc) with numerous other mods and that is cool. When you see tanker blowing bodies everywhere in he middle of the night on your periscope and then see life boats, debris, fires, it feels like a "real" thing. It makes you feel like I said when I found this mod "you are not shooting at cans".

That's it, boys!
I am currently into gta 4(americans have a sick sense of humour, main guy is a Serb, first one he kills in game mission is Albanian :rotfl: :rotfl: ), (temporarely!!!!sh3! sh3!) but with this new ideas from rb and rascal(?) I am tempted to try something else..

RFX?

rfx
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote