View Single Post
Old 03-08-11, 12:38 PM   #61
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1

As said before, thatīs not my area of expertise. Besides I havenīt had a look at the gameīs code for about a year now. But afaik there are different ways to make a crew member disappear.

1-If you choose to take the position of one specific crew member, the game engine switches to the respective cam. The important thing, the character must be invisible to "his" own cam/pov now. Thereīs a (cam-) parameter that can be set just for that particular reason. But the character remains still there, though invisible.

2-Set parameter to be visible/invisible below water. Thatīs how the deck crew basically works, IIRC. (If not, #3 applies for the deck crew)

3-Link the crew member to a specific state defined in the SMC (StateMachineControllers). Unfortunately the states defined are pre-set. Thereīs no such state like "surfaced" or submerged, which would make a lot of things easier to handle. At least Iīve never found it.

4-Link the crew member to an object that moves into/out of view when a certain condition is met. Such as the engine in FM_NI.

5-Now the unknown, at least unknown to me, the crew member appears/disappears according to a single bit/flag that will be set when fumbling with the crew management screen. Never checked it. But if it would be easy, somebody would have made it happen already.

Now lads, thatīs what I remember. Maybe this is total BS, maybe itīs not.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote