Thread: New B17 Game?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-07, 05:17 AM   #1
Nell Quick
Watch

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default New B17 Game?

About as far from submarines as you can get short of spaceships, I know. But I was always a big fan of 'B17: The Mighty Eighth', and I've seen a few mentions lately of a game (shown on pre-order at Amazon.co.uk) called 'B17: The Legend Returns'.

For some reason, though, all I can find in relation to this is Amazon and online stores offering it for preorder. There don't seem to be any previews. There're no descriptions and no screenshots. No "I can't wait for this game" or even any "this game's going to be rubbish".

It does seem to be published by GMX Media, which isn't a great sign given the quality of games they usually seem to deal in; but I'm wondering if anyone else knows any more about this? Is it going to be a re-release of 'Mighty Eighth', as the title suggests it might be (although Amazon's price tag of £24.99 suggests otherwise)? Or is it going to be a sub-standard cardboard flight sim that can't hold a candle to Microprose's masterpiece? Or is it going to shoot Microprose down good and proper?
Nell Quick is offline   Reply With Quote