View Single Post
Old 02-10-12, 12:08 AM   #1062
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Ooooookay... just in case I have to go that route, is there anyway to get the hi res textures out of there without having to go back and reinstall the entire game? They seem to have installed like a game patch rather than something that can just be uninstalled or disabled like a mod.

Because altho the game looks beautiful, it doesn't look beautiful when I'm getting so much flickering on camera move and loading a new cell or constantly on the horizon and other long-range views and there *does* seem to be a bit more lag in places and I haven't even done any real adventuring yet, just messed around with moving some items from one property to another. And it doesn't really look beautiful-er enough to put up with all of that.

Also it seems to be setting off the alarm on my UPS unit on a regular basis now which is really annoying. Just tips it enough over the warning limit periodically to make the thing go off. Altho my UPS seems to be stuck in "self test" mode and has been all night every time I've checked and I don't know what's up with that, so maybe it's the unit or the software. I've tried rebooting the whole machine and turning the thing completely off and back on and it still starts up with the "test" still running.

I dunno, I may experiment with some graphics settings but I think the complete hi res stuff may turn out to be too much PITA for something that isn't really a game-maker or -breaker at this point.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote