View Single Post
Old 05-06-18, 09:21 PM   #7
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Commander Wallace they have self-guided tours. There is a nice 5-page manifest they give you to describe the different histories of the boats and numbers with descriptions of the station you are visiting. But you can spend as much time as you want on each boat.

Thanks for the information Chad. I saw later that there was an entry gantry into the stern of the submarine. I have visited a few WW2 vintage submarines in the U.S and most tours are very guided and choreographed with regards to how much time you can spend at any one compartment or station.

After seeing your pictures and narrative, I very much want to see the USS Alabama and SS Drum. I'm still very much jealous of a few of our Subsim members like Catfish for one, who had a nice Subsim meet and who visited U-995 in Laboe. I'm also very happy for the same Subsim members who got to meet in Laboe, hang out together and talk and view the Type VIIC/41 U-boat.

The U.S has a rich history of it's own with regards to WW2 aircraft and Navy vessels that are still in flying and or sea worthy as you showed us with your pictures. Subsim member Dave Kay posted a thread on the USS Ling SS-297 and efforts to save her.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=237327

Cheers.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote