View Single Post
Old 01-25-15, 09:55 PM   #7
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
I believe you, I just don't have any hands on time to accept the changes. I guess I am going by what it looks like, and it looks funky, like Microsoft suddenly decided my 23" desktop is a mobile platform and I want to touch the screen instead of the mouse. You know me, I want everything to stay the same as Windows XP
My laptop is only open first thing in the morning when I turn it on. After that I'm using my Eclipse keyboard, Hanns-G 28" monitor and 5-button mouse with the laptop's lid closed. It doesn't look funky to me because, as I showed earlier, it opens to the desktop. The so-called Start Screen has a couple of things on it, in very small tiles, and I mostly use it to get to the Apps Screen, which has every program on the PC as a List, not Tiles.

You can easily set up yours to be the same, or whatever configuration you like. It's very versatile.

Oh, I was also using a thing called Start Menu 8, which was provided by IoBit. I wasn't overly happy with it, and now my Start Menu is from Classic Shell, which is free and very XP-like.