View Single Post
Old 08-04-13, 08:39 AM   #1
vimza
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Songs of the Sea

Sots is a new project to create a submarine simulator with a focus on coop multi player. The project is really just getting started . Some info about what it will be in point form as i to lazy to write a real deep article about it all.

Basic
  • Name of the game is Songs of the Sea, short name is Sots.
  • The games focus is on multi player coop play with all the players in the same group (wolfpack) of submarines.
  • The ways to play is single battle or a campaign
  • Battles is what you think and nothing special about them.

Technical
  • Engine for the game will be Unity.
  • The game code itself will be done in C#.
  • The game part will be put on Sots Bitbucket homepage.
  • For task tracking I will use pivotal tracker. Feel free to spy on it to see progress or lack off.
  • I'm not that sharp at making models, sounds or submarine history so i hope to get some help from all the captains here .
Campaign Setup
  • Campaign takes place on a world map that simulates the state of the world.
  • To play a campaign one selects two things, the Year and the Nation to play.
  • Year is selected from 1914 to 2014.
  • The game contains a History Timeline (HT) that updates the world as the game progress.
  • The HT change such as things what Nations can be played, what the enemies are, rules of engagement, the technology available and so on.
  • If you play a Nation that stops having Submarines (such as Germany in 1945) the game is over.

Campaign Play
  • When playing more then one player one of the player is given the title Admiral (ADM). The players can change who is the admiral at any time.
  • The admiral is the one who moves around the whole wolfpack on the game map and can change the game speed to speed up time.
  • The map contains a number of home bases for submarines and they are the ones where the patrols start and end.
  • The admiral can choose to rebase the wolfpack to another base.
  • Each time the wolfpack leaves and returns to port is called a patrol.
  • Before each patrol the admiral can pick the mission for the patrol. What they are depends on the year and nation.

Fame
  • As the player complete mission and sinks ships he gets Fame.
  • Fame can be used to upgrade your submarine equipment, crew or to call in favours other combat units (like requesting airsupport in a mission).
  • It is also possible to use your fame to upgrade another player submarine in your wolfpack.
  • Fame is lost if you make misstakes like sinking neutral ships.
  • Some missions will cost fame to get.

Last edited by vimza; 04-02-14 at 03:45 PM.
vimza is offline   Reply With Quote