View Single Post
Old 01-27-17, 09:53 AM   #4470
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBlemmen View Post
Ah i see... I was aware of the manual speed selectors but tbh i've never really used it. I will do some testing and if 9kts indeed is the way to go then i will always use that from now on .

I don't know what FOTARS is though. I'm thinking maybe fall of the rising sun but if that's it i have no experience with it.

Anyways , thanks.
Yer welcome! After finally getting bored with SH3 GWX (if that is even possible) I switched to SH4 with TMO, then added RSRDC to it for the somewhat more historical accuracy of ship and battle locations and dates, but after years and dozens of careers I became bored with the predictability. About six months ago I found a thread for a Fall of the Rising Sun ULTIMATE (FOTARS) mod being started, one that would correct a number of deficiencies. I found that appealing, and have been unofficially testing the public release versions for the last few months. It is in my humble opinion, already far superior to TMO/RSRDC and provides a richer gaming experience. The mod team has done wonders to incorporate fixes from other mods and developed their own, and we users owe them a large debt of gratitude even though there is still much to do. I recommend it, even in its unfinished state.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote