Old 01-26-17, 08:34 AM   #4466
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBlemmen View Post
Hi all,

I've been using this mod for over a year now. When i started playing SH4 i read about these 2 megamods , TMO and RFB and i picked TMO at random. I've never run into any issues.

However, i recently checked out the manual to look for cool stuff i may not know about and i've noticed it's said there that the optimal cruise speed is "standard". This is not true in my game. I've used the "maximum range at current speed" many times and i've always noticed 2/3ds is the most efficient, usually giving me about 30% more range over standard speed.

I was just wondering if this is an error in the manual , a potential error in my installation or if the navigator's estimations are wrong.

Thank you.
It has been my experience with TMO, with or without RSRD that the maximum range comes at 9 knots, assuming the batteries are fully charged. This usually requires a manual setting (click on the tab at the bottom of the speed dial to see and set the single speeds). In the latest FOTARS, I find I get the best "mileage" by using the Standard speed setting. Hope this helps!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote