View Single Post
Old 03-02-08, 08:49 AM   #85
tennozan
Sparky

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

Community forums are such an interesting place. I generally find that the lack of conversational implicature (basically: communicated intent that is easily mistread because body language is missing in written forums) is daunting enough. Being a simulation gamer and witnessing fellow simmers taking cheap shots at artists and developers, not to mention each other is disparaging at times.

In my opinion, the developers did a good job with getting this add-on to us. Does anybody else think this is a simply amazing thing to play such an intricate and graphically rich WWII submarine simulator as this? The developers demonstrate much more craftmanship and artistry through their product than I think they get credit for. Sure, we pay for a product but they show a passion for their work too.

All of the bugs listed in this post seem to be fixable and I'm sure will be ironed out in short order. I would like to see the developers (UBI team) saddle up and lasso items like revamping the language spoken issue. That seems to be a long term feature that needs to be addressed. Just expecting modders to jury-rig it doesn't seem appropriate. There will probably come a point when Japanese submarines, or British, etc. will be surfacing and there needs to be both language files and interface to select which ones you want to hear.

Anyway, that's my two-cents. I hope these waves die down a bit and we see some smooth sailing ahead. This could be a huge amount of fun both now and in the future.
tennozan is offline   Reply With Quote