View Single Post
Old 03-21-09, 09:10 PM   #61
gdc3man
Bosun

Downloads: 335
Uploads: 2

Hey, all

Kriller and W_Clear, Fantastic job on this mod....you guys have really hit the mark......this time.....I have a couple of questions, I am using ship reflections from enviroment 5.0 after real enviroment and WOW, it works great for the ship reflections on the water....the one thing that is not working so well is the caustics on the sides of ships....some are working and other ships are not, I really like that effect....so I looked in the environment ship file with silent hunter editor, and noticed that most of all the ship caustic effects are off, or at zero....I am wondering, were they mostly turned off or zeroed out for a reason, as they did not work very well in enviroment 5.0 as well....do I have to set parameters for every ship and if so what are the typical parameters/numbers that need to be set under unified render controller? Here are current ship settings

Causticts

Enabled=True
MaxAltitude=0.0
MinAltitude=0.0
strength=0.0
Scale=0.0
Speed=0.0

most of the ships in #4 ship Reflect file are set up like above, I would think Strength would need to be higher than zero correct to see the effects, and what are the best standard settings for all ships, I guess I will need to set and save every ship file, that will take time

thanks very much for your help....
gdc3man is offline   Reply With Quote