View Single Post
Old 09-03-09, 08:09 AM   #41
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Anyway, Lolwaffles from Oberons POV:

Flew Spits in both missions and we actually got proper Spitfires this time, without the clipped wings

First mission was a ground convoy attack, however partway there, my Newview broke and I was unable to pan around, so I dropped my bombs on the convoy and used up all my ammo strafing them. Killed a tank with my MGs! RTB'd and landed successfully Taxi'd and parked, whilst suddenly realising that this was the same or very similar to the airfield we had flown from with the Hurricanes back in the Battle of France DCG campaign:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=144485
Because there were two-storey houses slap bang next to the taxi-way! Thankfully avoided them and then fixed the Newview problem.

Second mission, well, more of the same of the first, Patton was howling for help, TF and Schroeder took two BBQ-262s, whilst Kratos and I took Spits and Hunter and Sgt Potato took P-51s, Raptor took an A-20 and parafragged a house.
Both myself and Kratos encountered incoming artillery on take-off and vectored towards the target, where we encountered some Yank tanks being mercilessly shelled by German MRLS. I was unable to find the artillery so both myself and Kratos attacked two trains we found in the area, unfortunately during this escapade I got banged up pretty bad by Archie and had to head back for base, a slight detour because I took the wrong heading meant that the engine was already dying when I got over friendly lines, so I decided to ditch on the ground, unfortunately the ground wasn't level and I turned into a fireball.
Then it was a case of watching Task Force plough a field with his BBQ-262 after flaming out, and then watching Schroeder lead Hunter and his AI off the map only to get the AI catch up with him in the turn and shoot him down.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote