Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio
You'll see on the map that you have about 163 km between Copenhagen Airport (Kastrup Lufthavn) and Rødbyhavn:
And the prizes for vans:
For the 9 person van, more in detail:
That is 2,122 DKK for the rent and the first 100 km. Extra km is 3.60 DKK. And the route in Denmark is ((163+163)-100) = 226 km * 4.50 DKK = 1017 DKK + 2,122 DKK = 3139 DKK. Then you also have the extra km in Germany. But sofar it's 348,78 DKK per person in the van.
Very helpful!

So, that's about $60 per person to rent a 9 person van. Does that include the return mileage? Mileage to Laboe from the ferry? And ferry charge?

This is useful if we end up needing to take a van.
Yes, 348,78 DKK is 58,96 $ or 46,81 €. In practical, the prizes in Denmark are sliced up in either 0,00 or 0,50 or 1,00 (the only small coin we have left is 0,50 DKK), so the prize would be 349,00 DKK. Just so you all know it.

I didn't write the mileage in Germany for one reasons: we don't know yet, where the final route is, if it's just Puttgarten-Laboe, or is it also into Kiel city or maybe a sidetrip to Lübeck.

But to give you all an idea, Puttgarden-Laboe. Here's a route map and below a description of route and info of time needed to drive that route and length.

The route in Denmark is highway from Copenhagen down to the ferry, however the highway from the bridge between Sjælland (Sealand) and Falster and to Rødbyhavn is a two lane highway road, and not very convenient to drive in bad weather - yes, I have tried. But otherwise, it's okay. You can drive with either 110 km/h or 130 km/h on that route, that is that's the allowed speed.

Now the route in Germany, will for the most part be on smaller roads, some with 80 km/h speed limit, I suppose. Which also is the reason for the estimated time schedule on the screencap, I guess. The info is: 90,09 km and that is only one way. 1 hour 12 minutes is the estimated time.

So the route length totally would be (2*163km)+(2*90,09km) = 506,18 km.
The first 100 km is included in my first proposal, so one would need to pay (4,50 DKK * 406,18 km) = 1,828 DKK for the extra km's plus the original 2,122 DKK for the rent, which is 3,950 DKK in total for a 9 person van, which is 439 DKK per person or 74.21 $ or 58.92 €

So that prize proposal is for 9 persons. And that will of course change, if it's more or fewer people. The sooner the better, if people know whether they will do the trip Copenhagen-Laboe both ways, or not. Or maybe, some will go and meet up in Laboe on their own, like German members. They may do a rent trip on their own the reverse way and keep the rented car in Denmark during the 4 day meet. That's also an option.

EDIT:
I forgot, the trip prize will most likely be without the cost of benzin/diesel for the van, so one will need to pay for that too...

Route map and route guide:

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano

Last edited by Carotio; 03-02-09 at 03:59 PM.
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote