denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonibamestre
My God!! Thats absolutely incredible. Are this subs going to be available with a new mod in a near future for SH4? And what about modern conventional units like Kilo,Agosta and more? Now that the addon is almost here,more possibilities are closer.
And another thing,is there any chance to model control rooms for every sub class in a real fidelity way?

Best regards.
Alright, I'd like to make one thing clear: The wizards over at Sukhoi.ru are doing their own project; we are in no way affiliated with them. What we are doing is taking their subs (plus a couple of our own if we can get them made) and making them into a (hopefully) complete mod.

And as for the state of completion, it is far from done. At the moment, myself and USS_Trigger are the only modders working on the project and we have only just laid the groundwork for what we are trying to achieve here. Once again, any experienced modders willing to help, please pm myself or Trigger!

Specifically, we would really appreciate help coding the new gear like modernised sonar and homing torpedoes, etc, as well as modellers and texture artists. I would really like to get all these mechanics in working order before we start working on campaign layers, missions, etc.

Oh and yes, it is possible to model every sub's control room, assuming we have plenty of photos and good modelers/texture artists, though not everything will be functional. And I'm hoping to get a bunch of diesel subs like the GUPPY-converted Balao and Tench classes, the Tang class, Foxtrot class, Golf class, Tango class, Whiskey class. Newer boats like the Kilo and Agosta might come later, but as I've said, many of the gadgets these boats have cannot be simulated in SH4, and thus the focus for this mod is the Cold War in the 1950s through the 1970s, unless someone out there can really work some magic with SH4 code...
Few subs from you list now WIP and you would be double work.
denis_469 is offline   Reply With Quote