View Single Post
Old 07-08-08, 11:38 AM   #12
Ishigami
Navy Dude

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

No I’m not using two playable ships at a time. I just interchange them with JSGME.
It’s just that the playable Yamato, Fubuki and Scheer are build on German subs and therefore I’m not able to use the same mission. Of course saving a mission as an American one is easy but it got some other disadvantages like we are not able to use her in the campaign mode and we are not able to use bases to resupply (right?).
It’s a bit surprising and I have to admit a bit inconvenient but that’s all, no major problem.

Okay I see you replaced the 5” AA guns for gameplay and debuging reasons. Now I understand, yea well sometimes you have to make compromises.

Will you replace these 4” guns? I think it’s kinda pointless to have a playable gun but not being able to shoot at a target that’s starboard.
Those two playable AA guns are quite realistic. She actually had there two single 25mm AA guns. That’s why I was a bit confused it looked like you wanted to add the missing AA guns to be more like the original but changed some other stuff to being not “historically accurate” (correct term?). But now it makes sense.

I really think a playable 8” would be better. First of all we got a larger turning angle and it makes considerably more damage. The 8” reloads faster than the 11” (e.g. Scheer) or 18” (e.g. Yamato) so we don’t have that much standby time.

And you got me wrong. I’m still pleased with her! She is stable (I got no major bugs
(except the bugs all these ships have) or crashes) and nice.

I made some small adjustments like resizing the picture for the menus so it isn’t cut off anymore, renamed her in the menu to “Takao Class” and the unit back to “IJN Maya”. I exchanged the stock textures with the textures from the “retextured warship mod”, thanks to that she is not looking that rough anymore. (my limit of modding... wuah I'm so noob...)
I just wanted to give some inputs and of course influence the direction of development. :rotfl:
Ishigami is offline   Reply With Quote