View Single Post
Old 05-16-14, 07:05 AM   #15
banryu79
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkval View Post
Ahhh... lead and lag course... multiple zig-zag's tricks... never liked it... too much time needed for usable solution...
Well, me too but not for the time involved but because I'm still in the process of learning more "basic" stuff first (for exampe my current aim is to familiarize myself better with the acustical aspects of the sim and the tactical considerations and situations involved, as I play with LWAMI).

In any case I understand this (TMA) analysis techniques are of capital value for manual TMA done when in multiplayer... Against the game AI they are not mandatory or neeeded but obviusly knowing them is not bad at all

One example? With the "trick" of the lag LOS that gives you the absolute minimum range from contact you could release a fish without risking to "overshoot" it (useful for a snapshot) or eliminate the danger of underestimating range to contact and do something stupid that gives away your presence and/or other information on you.

Another example? Always fire from a lag LOS, it is safer. Why? Try to think about what happen when you put a torpedo in the water inside acoustical range from your target (assume your target is a submarine, like yourself).

Your consideration about the time involved is not correct... I red a table in a document (do not rememebr which btw) that listed all possible type of TMA solutions obtainaible from the use of different combination of sensosrs array along with the minimum time to come with said solutions in both the case you use autocrew TMA versus manual TMA and.... the results was than in all (except one) cases (there were something like 14 different cases, IIRC) manual TMA is waaaaay faster to come to a valid solution then autocrew TMA.

[Bte I found the document in which I red about LOS and consideration applyed to TMA... It was the "Blue Book"]

Last edited by banryu79; 05-19-14 at 02:46 AM.
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote