View Single Post
Old 10-05-09, 06:07 AM   #88
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleser View Post
But that's just it - I'm not "betting" - the product I have, as is, with no further development, is worth over $100 in my book. There are no bugs I've run into that cause any real heartache, and I'm sure with time I'll learn the mission editor and create or alter my own missions in the future for added replay-ability. I knew going into it that there would be no support but I don't care - it hasn't been a problem.
If so, good for you. But please take into account that many, very many other people who also payed money for this game disagreed with you, and were angry to have wasted their money, as they saw it. I am especially thinking about younger players with limited financial ressources. For them and their limited finances, 30 bucks may be much greater an investement (and a bigger loss and disappointment) than for somebody older who maybe already earns his own money in a regular job and has 1500 or 3000 bucks per month. these less financially capable lads I want to safeguard a bit against being led into what many people agreed to have been a very bad investment for their money.

Quote:
Yes, interest is thin, but with such a specific genre/timeframe, that is to be expected. I'm use to playing games that none of my friends care about. No multiplayer out there, but oh well, I enjoy the single player too much anyway.
No, the interest in WWII and tanks is IMMENSE, and the frustration that there is so little choice is big. As a matter of fact most people refusing SBP do so not because of the price tag but because it is post-WWII, and not WWII. My feature on how to use it in WWII style probably did not change that.

TvT has MP, but fact it that it was so very much broken a feature that most people have stopped trying to make it functioning. whcih again speaks against TvT.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're trying to pound home here. I'm not "holding my breath", DUDE, for anything. My ROI has already paid off - I don't need any further updates or development. I don't need an overhaul. I'm sorry if I mislead you in this direction with my post, but I did not mean anything like that. I simply love the product I have in hand and it will always be a sim I re-visit with each hardware update I buy and I'll play every mission again and again to re-live the stunning visuals, sound, and physics that this game delivers.
I congratulate you on seeing it like that, and I am serious. you already have parted from your money, and if you think it was an investement that is worth it for oyu, the better for you it is.

Quote:
TvT has its place for WWII German/Russian armor war fans and always will. There is hardly anything that even holds a candle to what it delivers.
that depends on personal interests and tatses and what one is looking for when buying a game, but as far as "tank simulation" is concerned you are simply wrong, maybe because you do not have the comparison.

You say you have fun with it and that is what counts for you, and since you say you are happy even without MP (like I am, too, I also do not play any title in MP), it must not worry you that you belong to a minority. So enjoy it!