View Single Post
Old 10-06-14, 12:35 AM   #110
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
Very cool, thanks for being awesome torpx!
Well, maybe not.

While I was testing the sea-keeping, I decided to torpedo some of these ships. Of ten ships, 2 sank with one torp, 4 sank with greater effort, and 2 not at all (2 were not hit). That seems to eliminate the CrashSpeed theory.

My next hypothesis was that changes in the ships' mass was the problem, but that didn't seem to pan out, either.

I did manage to get my test ship, a Nagara Maru, to sink, finally, by changing the submerged displacement and draft to zero. I don't really know what's going on with this.

In the stock files, most ships have a defined mass, and undefined displacement/draft, but a few do. In RFB, most ships have a undefined mass, and a defined surface displacement/draft. It isn't clear why this is so (at least not to me). I will pretty much have to start from scratch on this.

Without any rhyme or reason in this, I may have to test each ship, to make sure they will sink.

For those who were using, or want to use ISP 2.0, I would recommend either going back to ISP 1.1, or deleting the 'Sea' folder from ISP 2.0 before you enable it.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote