View Single Post
Old 02-05-16, 08:50 PM   #61
cherbert
Engineer

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresher View Post
I look at SHO Beta ... and I just don't know... after buying SH 2,3 and 5... and being left hanging, I'm not sure I want to support any more of their ventures/products...

I especially can't believe they are using flash, when major computing companies are calling for it's demise. And then, I look at the micro-transaction model they are using and to me it seems awful expensive for a rather poor looking GUI, and to some extent the implementation of their real-time model. I guess they figure that is cheaper than a thin client.

If I was a betting sailor, I'd say SHO will be SHOffline within the year.

Ubisoft, it looks like a lot of submariners have a long memory. You should have never impaled us (to put it nicely) in the first place.

I wish someone, somewhere, would make a decent sub sim but I guess there is just no money in it.

I just don't know...
Silent Hunter Online is more of an offshoot. I wouldn't confuse it nor associate it with the games that have come before it.

Silent Hunter Online was pretty much cancelled and its funding halted few years back. Its not been developed since and is probably still online only to give Ubisoft a bit of pocket money from those who still spend money playing it. I guess they need to try and recoup as much money back as they can. I think they realised early in the beta that the potential audience for the game was not going to bring them a return in money and so cut their losses and pulled the plug.
cherbert is offline   Reply With Quote