Old 08-11-09, 07:02 PM   #66
DigitalAura
Straight and True

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator View Post

Setting up the shot:
Make sure your boat is properly aligned, so that your bow points at the impact point. What follows now is always the same process, no matter how far you are away from the target (the closer the better in terms of accuracy, therefore i chose ~700yds)

Go to the periscope, make sure your periscope is at 0° and then enter the following data into the TDC:

- AoB = 0 -> send
- Speed = 0 -> send
- Distance = max (turn the distance wheel to the right, should give you about 1200yds in the tdc after you send it) -> send
If I may ask a couple of things regarding this portion of your tutorial, Spec.... I seem to be missing something:

1/ You say you are about 700 yds away, but didn't you just infer that you had to be 4600 yards off because the torpedos range was 4600? (Your cue card for Vector says trace backwards from impact point 4600 yds.)

2/ Why do you enter 1200 yds into the TDC... I mean, why enter anything? From 4600 yds, there is no need to enter any distance.

This worked for me the first time! (Although upon trying again, my torps run out of steam as they hit the boat and usually don't explode....unless I move up to about 4500 yards.)
DigitalAura is offline   Reply With Quote