View Single Post
Old 04-03-19, 02:33 PM   #8
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

No problem. When you get around to it for GWX, proceed as follows:

1. Make a folder anywhere and extract Hsie's patch to it. In this new folder, extract the "Supplement" folder you'll see into the new Hsie folder you just made. In other words, everything Hsie stays in this new folder. Do the same with the O2 folder.

2. Do the same with Stiebler's patch except there are no extra folders in it to extract like Hsie's above.

3. Copy the sh3.exe file from your GWX install and paste it in the Hsie folder made in step 1.

4. Patch the .exe file with Hsie's patch. DO NOT run the option selector in the Hsie folder. Only patch the .exe with his patch.

5. Copy this newly Hsie patched .exe file into the Stiebler folder you made above if you want his options. Technically, his patch options are not needed for wolf packs, but the GWX patch folder I mentioned is nice because all the editing work is done.

6. Patch the .exe with Stiebler's patch if you want his options.

7. Place both the Supplement and O2 folders from Hsie's folder into your GWX mods folder. There should be no exe file in either.

8. Do the same with the GWX Stiebler folder. You do not need the "add-on" folder from his patch folder in this GWX case.

9. With the patched sh3.exe file still in the Stiebler patch folder, run the Options Selector there.

10. Choose what Hsie and Stiebler options you want and apply them.

11. Now your .exe has been hardcode patched with both Hsie and Stiebler's patches.
Copy this exe file into the GWX Stiebler folder you placed in your GWX mods.

12. Apply Hsie's supplement folder via JSGME.

13. Apply the GWX Stiebler folder via JSGME.

14. Apply the Hsie O2 folder via JSGME last.

14. Done.

These three should be the last mods applied in your JSGME, to keep things simple.
They first two contain *_menu.txt, command ,*.ini files, etc. that will overwrite everything before them, while the 02 folder overwrites the Hsie/Stiebler folders.
With so many mods using edits of the menu, command, etc. files, if this patches interfere with some other mod you want, some file editing would have to be done to make them all work together.

You can have wolf packs in GWX without the Stiebler folder and patch, but then you must edit the needed files manually.
It's not hard, but if you don't want Stiebler's patch options that is what you will have to do.
I like his options myself, but up to you.

Hope this make sense. It's easier to do it then type how to do it, so hopefully I didn't screw up the directions.