View Single Post
Old 12-30-09, 02:14 PM   #3
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerm138 View Post
I'm having a problem with the "Intelligence Received" event. I looked for the answer on here, but came up dry.

I created a simple mission and I want the player to receive a message with intelligence on an enemy's position, and have it plot the report on the map (like it normally does during patrols.)

Here's how I'm setting up the event, but the game crashes when the message is supposed to come in:
Event Type: Intelligence Received
Trigger: It's a time trigger (I've also tried zone triggers)
Intelligence Target: Unit or Group
Instance Name: Merchant (the only ship in the mission besides the player)
Error Radius: 400

The mission validates just fine.
If I change the event to a standard text message, the mission works just fine.

For some reason, the "Intelligence Received" message just causes it to crash.

Any help would be appreciated.

I could also send you the mission file if you want to have a look at it.

Thanks!!
If you have somewhere you can post it, I can d/l and look at it for you.

Things you should check
Entry and exit dates for the merchant
Date and time for the report
Start date for the mission
Is it possible your merchant could be in a location that it may have been sunk by an enemy plane or ship?

In other words, check to make sure your merchant actually exists at the time of the report.

If you don't have a place to upload it, then go to your Mission folder and cpen the Missionname.mis with notepad and copy everything and paste it in here or a PM to me and then do the same with the .tsr file.

Also are you using any mods? It sounds like you did it correctly, but it is possible it may crash with a Mod that has changed the way ships are shown on the map. (don't know for sure, never tried it)

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote