View Single Post
Old 03-27-12, 04:48 PM   #8
VonApist
Navy Dude

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luno View Post
They type II is very lovable indeed. I'm on my second campaign with one, at 100% difficulty. I do like the shortness of the patrols, but the IIA is not as maneuverable as I thought (35 seconds to dive, which is the same as a type IX; the IID dives in 25 seconds).

The only disappointment is the lack of deck-gun, and lack of convoy targets (only lone freighters on the East coast).

My personal opinion is that it's still too easy to get kills, type II or otherwise. I'm going to try OLC's Gui which changes how the stadimeter works, and I'm going to try to work on the recognition manual to incorporate the 2-D drawings, made by other forum members, to replace the perfect 3-D renditions (should be a simple process in GIMP, but there are a lot of entries). That should "improve" kill counts a bit.

Can I ask what mods you are using, VonApist?
GWX Gold + Commander + a bunch of other mods for graphs, damage etc etc, long list
"Submariners are a special brotherhood, either all come to the surface or no one does. On a submarine, the phrase all for one and one for all is not just a slogan, but reality.” -- VADM Rudolf Golosov
VonApist is offline   Reply With Quote