View Single Post
Old 02-09-15, 07:12 PM   #209
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Downloads: 233
Uploads: 0
Default Features I'd like to see

SH5 is a gripping simulation and the way that the SH series allows time compression makes it back into a game rather than the months of boredom followed by moments of sheer terror that I'm sure was the real life U-Boat experience. Travel-mode in SH5 is a nice step in the right direction but it should be more customize-able and more of the day-to-day management of the u-boat should be optionally delegate-able to the AI.

I'm impressed by the detailed sinking data and the way that it's presented over at UBoat.net I'd love to see in-game sinkings tracked and presented as is done there with Google Maps http://uboat.net/allies/merchants/lo...?qdate=1939-09

Also, I'm a long time fan of the Hornblower series of novels. I'd love to see more character driven story telling aspects worked into the missions. BTW... does anyone know of a good sim that is set in the Napoleanic era? Wouldn't it be great to command a sloop of war with the opportunity to move up to a frigate and possible even a three-decker? Or am I the only one that has mused on the fact that U-Boaters spent an awful lot of time trying to manage the very thing that Napoleanic era skippers tried to avoid? Crossing the "T"? Or getting their crossed in the case of submariners.
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig
Havan_IronOak is offline   Reply With Quote