View Single Post
Old 02-19-09, 09:36 AM   #578
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
The whole point about my gag pic was to point out that it's not some mod group that is the driving force behind bringing Tomi's engine room to life. Without the help and support of Skwasjer this mod would be not much more than a well-created and rendered model without sounds or animations. I will not stand by idly and watch a single modding group take the credit for a mod that they know darn good and well was the work of more than just one person.
It would have had a more positive effect to add Skwasjer's name to the GWX logo in your gag, than to remove the GWX logo. Skwasjer is to be commended for his contribution to this effort, he's been a bedrock of modding ideas. However, if I understand correctly, Tomi placed the GWX logo on his screens of his own free will, and he did not mean to exclude or dismiss Skwasjer's part in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
My opinion only: this is no time to fight about credit for a mod that has not been published. At this point in development, there are probably ten mods that never see the light of day for each one that actually reaches completion. If this is one of the nine, then all the drama is about nothing.

If this is to be the one, then encouragement is what is needed here. Tomi has enough obstacles without prima donnas trying to inject conflict and accusation into the process too. As Tomi has already said, he is not enough to get the job done.

But Tomi is in charge of his mod. If he wants to go into partnership with the Russian Mafia to get the job done, that may be wrong, but to be wrong is his right. It is NOT our right to challenge him or belittle him for decisions he makes. Well, I suppose it is, but he has a right to ignore the psychobabble. This is 100% Tomi's mod, rights conferred by Mikhayl some months ago. If Tomi needs help, he has the right to ask. If Tomi wants it released as part of GWX4, he has the right to do that. If he wishes to make it a separate mod only after release of GWX4, he has that right. If he wishes to just quit to spite all the detractors, he has that right too.

All right, I'll let you have the last word on this, now, let's continue on the subject, please. Any further posts about the side topic will be removed.

Neal
Admin