View Single Post
Old 02-27-10, 04:14 PM   #68
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Resurrecting this thread because I just d/led the DBSM (thanks Sailor Steve!) and have been listening to some of the speech files and comparing them to the ones already in the game folder, trying to decide which versions I like best. Which has led to a question about the game's speech files themselves and how they work.

I see that there are 9 folders in the Speech directory, all of which appear to have the same set of files in them. So does each folder contain a slightly different version of each file and the game chooses from each folder's files randomly when needed, to keep things from getting too monotonous in-game?

I ask because I'm already interested in using the blank "Yes_sir" file from the DBSM to get rid of the constant "Jawohl"s every time I give an order, but I'm not sure I want to get rid of it completely. So I'm wondering if I used the blank file in, say, half the folders, would I hear the "Jawohl" sometimes and nothing at other times, depending on which folder the game went to in that particular instance?
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote