View Single Post
Old 01-05-16, 02:08 PM   #7
Orbiter688
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
No, just the SCU utility of it that allows you to change to a non-stock playable class. All other mod features are still functional.
Thanks for the quick reply. don't know what the non-stock vehicles were so I guess I won't miss them, just happy that the other items in the mod are usable. Now where do I find it? SubGuru had links, but they all showed as file no longer found. Can anyone refer me to a good download link for SCX & SCXIIc? Thanks.

EDIT

This is what I just found at SubGuru.com and it is downloadable.

What it is - SCX is a community-created mod for Sub Command. It adds new subs, ships, aircraft, weapons and sensors, as well as 'tweaking' the originals for added realism. SCU (Sub Changer Utility) is an add-on to SCX II that allows the player to control other sub classes in addition to the 'stock' Los Angeles, Seawolf and Akula subs.

SCX/SCU (Simple Installer Version)
(42 MBytes)

This installer combines the SCX II and SCX IIc update packages as well as the ESM Fix so you don't need to install any of them again. Furthermore all changes for the SCU are done as well, so all you have to do is select your Submarine of choice (don't try to use the InstallPlayableSub.exe - you don't have to). Same goes for the batch files which are still in some of the directories ... simply ignore them. The only optional thing you can do is use the SC SoundEdit Tool (which is included in this installer) and add the buoy sound which is mentioned in one of the ReadMe's.

After installing the SCX Package there is no going back to stock Sub Command unless you deinstall and install it again. There is no JSGME Tool or other such thing included in this installer.

Big Thanks to the SCX Team - you guys did a great job. I just put a new wrapping on the gift package.

Cheers,
Thorsten "OneShot" Bergmann

Do I just have to install this and them I'm good to go? If so, where do I install it ?

EDIT: 1/06/2016

Mod downloaded and installed, now just have to get in there and play. Thanks for all the help, this is a great community!

Last edited by Orbiter688; 01-06-16 at 09:19 AM.
Orbiter688 is offline   Reply With Quote