View Single Post
Old 07-17-17, 07:39 AM   #7098
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm having issues with my game. I can't load a saved game mid patrol without a crash to desktop before loading bar completes and I follow the instructions in the GWX 3.0 manual, I don't save while submerged or save near any ship traffic nor do I upgrade anything on U-boat before first patrol except hire a few crew and change out a few torpedoes that cost no renown. I use sh3 commander with H.sie's fixes a few mods in jsgme but don't see how that would corrupt save games. If I play the whole patrol in a day and end my patrol at base it's fine, only happens while trying to load a save mid-patrol in open ocean alone on surface.

MOST TIMES I DON'T HAVE TIME TO PLAY OUT A FULL PATROL ESPECIALLY WITH THE LONGER RANGE U-BOATS SO THIS IS KINDA OF A GAME BREAKER FOR ME. sorry for caps
Something I found, aside from the precautions you are taking, is to make sure I give the Save function plenty of time to write out the whole file. My system is pretty good, and I'm saving to a solid state "disk", but still when I watch the disk activity light on my machine I notice it goes for up to a minute past the point where I hit the Save button. I'm guessing that if you hit "Resume" or "Exit" right after making a Save file, it may not have completed writing out the whole file. Might just be superstition on my part, but I have not had a single "bad" save file since implementing a process to let the Save run its course - I get up and take a break at that point. Works for me - it may work for you. Good Hunting!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote