View Single Post
Old 08-15-08, 02:57 PM   #7
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramtyr
Webster, thanks for the advice, i'll look into it.

Peabody, Wake Island is 3 islands, (or an island and to islets?) Wake, Wilkes and Peale, with Wake being by far the largest. Think sorta like how Midway Island is actually two islands with a few rocks inbetween. Wilkes and Wake were seperated by water, but it was widened with a dredged channel and blasted coral to give boats lighters access to the central lagoon.

I will check out dumping ships on land to make them burn for smoke effects! Good idea! As for the bunkers, the Coastal batteries and bunkers are different. The batteries are working big guns; while the bunkers are just an inanimate lump of concrete, similar to the defunct AA. Though since theres a chance my game files are all screwy i need to reinstall and double check.
I did a flyby with two jap planes over three AAs and not a shot was fired.

If you try the ship on land, you may be able to hide it with some bushes. But in mission editor you may have to add a village to get the bushes, not sure. I know there are .dds of brush somewhere, but don't know how to add them. I looked at Map Locations and I didn't see any bushes separate.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote