View Single Post
Old 05-18-15, 09:35 PM   #15
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireftr18 View Post
Will this be a stand alone super mod, or will it be an add on type of super mod?
A stand alone super mod. My goal is incorporate as many ideas for better play as can be added, with the hope of having as large an impact on gameplay as one modification can.

For instance, some of the work done by fellow modders have actually diminished gameplay by causing memory lag due to having too large of an image to display an element of the game. Either the image is physically too large, or has elements that don't need to be in the image.....like mip maps that don't need to be rendered. The game can only use 2 gigs of ram memory unless you use an app like Large Address Aware to force it to access more (if your computer has more memory than 2 gigs). Making a smooth running modification is just as important as making one at all. If an image can be used with a 1024x1024 size, why make it 2048x2048? It's this kind of attention to detail that I hope can make for a better game.

===========

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longknife
If you need any help I would be happy to jump in where ever you need it.
Longknife, I would appreciate your help!

I envision getting ideas through this thread that may take several of us to accomplish. I'm open to suggestions and welcome help in any form. I don't think there's a deadline for us, yet pushing along toward a goal at least is a step in the right direction.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote