View Single Post
Old 04-25-10, 03:53 PM   #13
goldwing
Watch

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Here are some details of my problem. I have been playing with this now for 24 hours. Pc specs are Intel Q6600 step, 4 gig ddr2@1066, 650w ps, Rez@1920x1080, Win7 64 . I have been using the second on the list of historical missions called "in site of everything" as my testing scene, using the first few minutes of the mission to look at my fps. As some as you know the first part has no shooting or explosions but has plenty of ship movement so alots going on. After many hours of peaking my old 8800GT i was getting 32fps outside on bridge, main map i got 59fps, if i stepped down to the attack periscope i got mid 40's i believe (Both hatches closed). I told myself "not bad..playable.... but i want more". Hence the new GTX260...now comes the fun part... same setting/scene with only difference being the card swap i am getting at best 14fps outside on bridge, at attack periscope with hatches closed i get 14fps yet at main map (heres where i want to pull my hair out) i get 75fps. So 50% improvement at map and 50% loss everywhere else. Does that make any sence to anyone? Hell i was just looking for a 20-30% increase but nothing like this. Any ideas would be great

Game settings are set to high except shadows and uncheck v-sync and 3d clouds.
goldwing is offline   Reply With Quote