View Single Post
Old 10-17-17, 03:28 AM   #2
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Both games could be buggy, a lot of this depends on your CPU/GPU/RAM set up and your OS. Both games could be tricky to run on older machines, DW could be tougher because there was more going on graphically.

With newer machines this isn't much of an issue. SC and DW's resources are tiny compared to modern games. To put it in perspective, I'm running a "budget" PC (350 dollar pre-built tower) with an i3 CPU and a 40 dollar fanless GPU with Win10 (64 bit) as an OS.
Its a case of hopeless overkill for those generations of games. I don't even bother looking at frame rate, its somewhere over 200 FPS running DW at maxed out settings. SC's frame rate is even higher and neither has ever crashed on this rig. I could run DW for over 12 hours and the only thing that would quit is me.

Your VCR replay is tied to how many machine cycles your CPU and GPU are trying to execute. On older hardware it was easy to bog-down the chips resulting in errors with your replay.

Let's leave it at this- It only took me 20 years of waiting to get this much of an over-powering difference between hardware and software.
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote