View Single Post
Old 04-25-19, 10:36 AM   #1927
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

I feel as though I am the only voice calling for Woodward to resign or be fired, and I WANT United to fail.

Do United fans feel he is doing a good job? Why doesn't the spotlight shine on him after a number of failed manager appointments and poor recruitment?

United rake in the cash hand over fist, and he oversees that too. Perhaps that is the answer to my question. But that's why I said above that he should be shunted to the business side and told to keep his hands off the sporting side.

Solskjaer seems ready to implode, literally. Like, in the next presser I half-expect him to catch fire and go boom. My take is this won't work out well. He makes far too many references to the way it used to be, to the treble winners. That's fine in moderation, they were a great side. But times have changed, and today's footballers don't live in the past.

Many great players fail at managing because they cannot grasp that the players under them aren't at the same level as what the manager had grown accustomed to in his playing days. I suspect this is one of the things that caused Henry to fail at Monaco, but that's simply my speculative take on it, with no real proof.

The honeyymoon is over, Solskjaer is questioning is players, they aren't responding to him, I don't think. Lost 7 of the last 9. United jumped the gun on this hire. And I wondered, what did they do to compensate Molde? This was supposed to be temporary. Did Molde get screwed or did they receive fair compensation for letting him go from his contract?