View Single Post
Old 02-02-08, 03:42 PM   #43
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
I half-fixed the flag, position is corrected and it won't move upside down when you order crash dive (was linked to the aft dive plane). It also reflects on the water, but for some reason it still doesn't wave in the wind :hmm:

Also I finally got totally rid of the 3rd torpedo tube, there's no "III" button anymore on the uzo/tdc screen, and the torpedo management screen shows only 2 tubes and 2 spare torpedoes. Also changed the default torpedo loadout, so that from 1939 to 1945, the default torps are T1. I chose them because they're the only ones to be faster than the boat. (I have been almost sunk by my own slow TII 2 times in testing)

About the torpedoes: I've read somewhere (I'll find the reference if you wish and/or need) that only the schnellboots used the 44kt torpedo speed settings of the T1. U-boats used the slow and medium speeds only, and the schnellboots used only the fast settings. Ever since I read that I only used the slow and medium settings on my torpedoes.

The G7a or G7a/T1 torpedo was the standard issue torpedo for Germany during the early years of World War II. The torpedo was of standard German specifications for all U-Boat torpedoes of the war at 53.3cm (21in) in diameter, 7.163m in length, and with a warhead of 280kg Hexogen.
The torpedo was of a straight running unguided design, stabilized by a gyroscope. The G7a was of variable speed, running a distance of 6km at 44kts, 8km at 40kts, and 14km at 30kts. The 44kts setting was used only by torpedo boats like the Schnellboote. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G7a_torpedo)

Last edited by Albrecht Von Hesse; 02-02-08 at 03:50 PM. Reason: added the speed reference