View Single Post
Old 08-01-09, 06:50 AM   #9
Zakalwe
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkbph View Post
And don't bother posting on gamesquad. Criticism, contructive or otherwise - and this includes uncomfortable questions such you pose here - is simply not tolerated.
This Sir,

is, to put it mildly, not true. Very few posts on Gameaquad have been moderated, IIRC no post has been ever deleted and IF there had action from the mods, it was mostly when things got personal. If you don`t like the aswers you get, well this is another piece of cake. Plus, you know that you and others are pulling some legs at times, don`t you?

Critisism even often led to patches. See f.e. "The Duel" with EOI often being hammered with the first salvoes. I don`t know how many bug reports or suggestions I added to the ticket system, I think my count is in the 40ies now. Most of them where answered within 24 hours and IIRC all cured or explained why it wasn`t a bug later.

As for the factors influencing gunnery, BH often explained it, most of it is too to be found on the Jutland Wiki. And comparing it to the manual or the mechanics under the hood of Fighting Steel, well this is just apples to oranges IMO. I think Jutland and DG have a much more sophisticated gunnery and damage model, which isn`t just based on hitpoints. So I would bet, it is not as easy to put out hard figures, like in the FS manual.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote