View Single Post
Old 05-27-17, 08:43 AM   #2
Hellguard3
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Model, you should select a loaded rear torpedo tube and it will give you the computed solution. Also with your range inputs, you should use this as it brings your chance of success up dramatically.(unless you are doing g a Dick O'kane approach, which it does not look like by the sound of your solution.

A great way to learn to range right is too look at the attack map (with map contact updates ON) Identify (with the book) and range your target in the periscope, input AOB and speed. (I 3:15 them on the nav map to get speed) on the left of the screen turn on the Position Keeper (That's important) Now look at the AM (attack map).

You should see your target now with your periscope up (the red ship ) AND your solution, (a white X with a line pointing away from it. This x represent what you told the computer the target is AND it's speed and bearing.

Now you fiddle with this solution to make it match the boats speed and course.

Note: all changes must be made in the periscope in the stock game.

If the X is on the far side of the target from you, you need to range it closer. If it's closer to you then range it further. Until the X is on the enemy.

Now check out the line coming from the X. If it's not pointing the same way as your target, Adjust AOB until it's dead on. (At this time if your AOB was off allot you may need to rerange them.)

Now tune in their speed so the X is moving at the same rate as your target. I dial it in close by mentally seeing the X the waiting 15 seconds and see if it's in a different spot. Once your happy with the solution take your shot (front or stern tube,both work fine)

You can play around with the solution and zig zag it to target instead of putting new ranges in, also adjusting speed well above the target or below to let it catch up, or drop back to if your AOB or speed was off and got the solution too far from target.

I like to make sure my solution is visually centered closer to the BOW of the boat because I think there's a slight inaccuracy in the game with the updating contacts.

Sorry for the long post.
Hellguard3 is offline   Reply With Quote