View Single Post
Old 11-10-21, 03:47 AM   #9
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapZap1970 View Post
I think the problem is more complex that just triangles....
I think the textures , the files ID's and in general all the files that belong to the new sub you are trying to use...
Also, there are lots of .cfg files involved in other folders, Basic.Cfg, Flotilla, Cfg, Library folder, Objects folder, and a looong etc.....
Those are the names of files and folders that come to my mind thinking hastily, I am sure that there are many more, and in this case, you can take Jeff-Groves's words very seriously, since he is one of the most highly qualified modders here, among many others....
Yes, thank you mate, I know all that, there are many files to change and I know how. Encountering a CTD, I now go step by step. So I kept the original (vanilla) .dat file of the type IXD2 submarine, and made ONLY ONE change : a new 3D model. This only modification makes the game crash... (all other files are vanilla files).

So, I open the complexe 3D model with a 3D editor and removed meshes in order to have a model of around 14000 triangles (Wise's IXD2 3D model is around 19000 and there isn't any CTD when loading a mission). There is still a CTD. I will try a last thing : importing Wise's model directly into the vanilla .dat file to see if it works...
Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote