View Single Post
Old 11-18-08, 10:40 AM   #78
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

Thank you for clarifying that entry for Aquitania, VD.

I've been working on combining the ships from the AOTD-AA-Ship-Schleuse-Bugfix, Community Units, and all of your ships into a single mod for my install of GWX, just to keep it simple and not clutter JSGME with too many mods.

Part of that effort includes alphabetically organizing all the entries in EnglishNames.cfg.

Here's my observations:

There are a few duplicate entries between the AOTD-AA-Ship-Schleuse-Bugfix and Community Units. To my knowledge, listing a ship twice can cause CTDs. Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

There are also instances where a duplicate listing is ambiguous, such as:
Code:
MSTrawler=Isles class
MSTrawler1=Isles class
...where I believe it must be one or the other but I cannot find the corresponding folder in '..data\Sea' to determine the correct entry in EnglishNames.cfg.

Lastly, there are entries that seem correct but there appears to be no matching folder for the ship in '..data\Sea'.

The way I understand it, any ship that is called in one of the campaign layers must match its data exactly as listed in '..data\Sea', '..data\Roster', and EnglishNames.cfg. This is especially problematic with the random layer, Campaign_RND.mis, where the ships called range across the entire list and one single error will cause a CTD. Compounding the aggravation is that the randomness used means you may go 5 minutes or 5 months before a broken ship is called by Campaign_RND.mis. The scripted layers are not usually the trouble, since only specific ships are called.

Any ideas you can share with me, VonDos, would be deeply appreciated.