View Single Post
Old 10-12-17, 01:39 AM   #138
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
And also you won't hear the horn, because you stop hearing ship's sound from only a few km ...
Well, if the sound was set appropriately, it could be heard as far as the game 3D rendering radius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Good news ! Without drawbacks ?
Yes and no. For textures not requiring an opacity mask, it works like a charm. I couldn't manage setting the effect to work with alpha channels though.
As for the specular map of the La Plate lighthouse, grey tones in the alpha channel are readeither as black (fully trensparent) or white (fully opaque), thus killing the smooth transition effect of light halos.

There must be somewhere in SHIII materials/textures maps, a flag not known to Skwas while he was working on S3d, that tells the game wether to use alpha channels as B/W (1 bit) bitmaps, or as greyscale (8 bit) images. As I said in one of my previous posts, S3d can read/write these unknown adress(es), but it doesn't display them among the other parameters and properties available for editing. The workaround I used for the specular mask, was replacing the old material with one copied from a stock file, where it was used for a similar purpose. Unfortunately, I couldn't find so far a texture map chunk connected with a greyscale alpha channel. That means that I need to discover where is the flag that I need to change, and tweak using an hex editor
gap is offline   Reply With Quote