View Single Post
Old 01-11-17, 03:39 AM   #67
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
I've found how to prevent the plane to explode.

Did you apply my suggested settings or how else did you manage doing that?

Quote:
But the rockets still don't disappear ...
Quote:
But the spawned explosion has no speed.
I didn't suggest the explosion to move away from the dummy rocket due to its own speed, but you to move the muzzle that the explosion generates from away from the rocket

Doing that might be unpractical, because muzzle's position in the 3D world, is also where the real rockets spawn from after being fired, and they departing the plane several cm away from their supposed initial position would look a bit odd.
There is a possible workaround though: get a basic mesh, attach it to the rocket rail as a separate object, place it near the position of the virtual rocket gun muzzle but not on top of it (neither its 3D mesh nor its damage box should overlap the muzzle), make it invisible, and set it to be destroyable applying to it the new damage zone. Set then the node of the dummy rocket model as a child of the invisible mesh. If everything works well, the invisible equipment should get destroyed by the explosion (just like aircraft wings and engine before your tweak), and its child rocket model should disappear from the SHIII world...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote